It is the mission of the Public Information Office to offer our customers the most up-to-date and accurate information about our school system and the services and programs it offers our students.
Information about our school system is shared in a variety of ways including:
- Postings on the school system's website www.vcs.k12.nc.us
- News releases through local news media
- Postings on the school system's Twitter account @VanceCoSchools
- Postings on the school system's Facebook page
- A monthly district newsletter
- A weekly radio program broadcast each Monday at 4:35 p.m. on WIZS-AM Radio 1450 in Henderson
- Telephone calls and emails through our Blackboard Connect 5 notification system
- A telephone newsline (492-2227) which customers may call for information on services, programs, school delays and cancellations and more. The newsline is available in Spanish at 492-9265.
- Parent Assistant Module (PAM) which parents may access online with their account information
- Brochures, pamphlets, flyers and handbook publications
- Periodic emails to parents, students, employees and community organizations
- Meetings with governmental agencies, business leaders, civic organizations, community non-profit organizations, churches and others