Vance Co. Early College High School Dress Code
School attire shall not:
- violate the Vance County Schools Policy Code: 4316 Student Dress Code;
- depict profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, or violence;
- promote the use or abuse of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs;
- be reasonably likely to create a substantial disruption of the educational process or operations of the school;
- not expose undergarments, cleavage, or the midriff area in the front or back at any time;
- be see-through.
Attire shall have:
- a strap on each shoulder that is at least two fingers wide;
- shorts, skirts no shorter than 6" from the top of the knee. Loose-fitting athletic wear will be permitted.
Clothing that disrupts the educational environment and violates the dress code is not allowed. Students who dress inappropriately will be given the following options:
- Change into clothes provided by VECHS.
- Call a parent to bring a change of clothes.
Two or more dress code violations will warrant two days of after-school detention served from 3:00 – 4:00.