Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. C. Moore
Hello parents and students,
Welcome to our classroom. We are so excited about the opportunity to get to know you and your child. Let me start by saying that teaching is an absolute passion of mine. This will be my fourth year teaching at Clarke Elementary School and I love it! I have a dual degree in Elementary Education and Special Education. My teaching assistant Mrs. S. Crudup has 16 years experience in education.
It is our hope that by being encouraging and enthusiastic we will instill a love of learning in our students. Our goal is to help your child develop meaningful experiences, while having fun learning new and interesting things. It is important that each student works hard and participates so that they will have the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and achieve greater academic success.
- Please check your child’s folder daily. Their homework, behavior log, and any other school and/or classroom announcements will be in this folder.
- Homework should be completed and returned the following day. Homework assignments are given Monday through Thursday. We encourage parents to support and help their child as needed with homework assignments. If you have any questions concerning homework, please contact us.
- Please, make sure to sign your child’s behavior log daily. The Clarke Elementary School discipline plan includes BARK (Behave responsibly, Always try your best, Respect self and others, Keep your hands, feet and other objects to yourself). The BARK rules help to create a positive learning environment for everyone. To encourage our students to exhibit these behaviors we use a behavior log / reward system. Please initial their behavior log nightly.
- If your child needs to ride a different bus, will be a car rider, or they were absent from school please make sure to send us a note in their folder.
Your child should return their folder daily.
- Please read and/or listen to your child read every night and talk about the stories they read.
- Please have your child use the IREADY computer program for reading and math.
With your help and support, we are looking forward to wonderful and productive school year. If you have any questions or concerns or if you would like to visit our classroom, schedule a conference, or volunteer to help, please do not hesitate to contact us at (252) 438-8415 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s work together to make this the best year ever!
Mrs. C. Moore
Mrs. S. Crudup