VCS Honors 14 Associates with Vanceformation Awards
Sylvia Gregory, third from left Teresa Avant, third from left
Lori Kirkland, center Pamela Perry, second from left
Vance County Schools honored 14 employees for going above and beyond the responsibilities of their normal duties in their support for students and colleagues as recipients of Vanceformation lapel pins for the first recognition period of the school year on November 7 at a breakfast held at the Golden Corral in Henderson.
Each school year, the school system honors outstanding employees quarterly with the Vanceformation awards for their commitments to rethink, reform, reimagine and renew efforts to provide the best possible education to students in our local schools.
Superintendent Anthony Jackson presented each of the award recipients with their Vanceformation lapel pin. He was assisted in the presentations by Dr. Trixie Brooks and Jennifer Bennett, both assistant superintendents with the school system.
Award recipients were recognized individually with the colleagues who nominated them and their principals joining in the award presentations and providing words of praise for the employees' amazing efforts.
Those honored with Vanceformation awards included:
- Sylvia Gregory of L.B. Yancey Elementary School (nominated by Sharita Jones)
- Teresa Avant of School Nutrition at E.O. Young, Jr. Elementary (nominated by Reginald Shearin)
- Pamela Perry of Vance County Middle School (nominated by Antoine Hargrove)
- Mcshell Edmonds of Vance County High School (nominated by Alex Parsons)
- Dr. Jennifer Carraway of Clarke Elementary School (nominated by Connie Krupa)
- Natasha Rubin of Aycock Elementary School (nominated by Lindsey Breedlove)
- Lori Kirkland of E.O. Young, Jr. Elementary School (nominated by Marylaura McKoon)
- Letitia Fields of Zeb Vance Elementary School (nominated by Arnetra Terry)
- Novlyn Sweeney of Early College High School (nominated by Kerry Morrison)
- Rosa Bullock of E.M. Rollins Elementary School (nominated by Stephanie Alston)
- Cassandra Evans of New Hope Elementary School (nominated by Dr. Harold Thompson, Jr.)
- Lori Askew, a Data Manager at the Administrative Services Center (nominated by Diana McCann)
- Alfreda Murphy of Carver Elementary School (nominated by Debbie McCune)
- Sharonda Bullock Morton of Dabney Elementary School (nominated by Dr. Michael Putney)
Mcshell Edmonds, third from left Dr. Jennifer Carraway, center
Natasha Rubin, third from left Letitia Fields, center
Novlyn Sweeney, third from right Rosa Bullock, center
Cassandra Evans, second from right Lori Askew, center
Alfreda Murphy, center Sharonda Bullock Morton, center