LEAP Grant Application Available for VCS Educators
LEAP Teacher Grants – Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools (VCS) is partnering with the Vance County Public School Foundation and MAKO Medical to award LEAP, Learning that Extends Actual Performance, teacher mini-grants to support quality programs and to encourage innovative educational ideas.
The standard teacher mini-grants range from $500 to $1,000 each in value. Special grants, of up to $1,500 each, are available for proposals that span across multiple grade levels or schools, that involve participation of an entire grade level, or that benefit a significant number of students.
The grants will be awarded in August 2021 so applicants should submit proposals for projects that they will implement during the 2021-22 school year.
Applicants are asked to propose classroom or school-based projects or implementations that would extend their performance as an educator and ultimately extend students’ academic performances. Notable consideration will be given to proposals that align with components of any of the following:
- The VCS District Strategic Plan
- The Architect a Digital Learning Environment module (Modern Teacher)
- The Architect a Modern Physical Learning Environment module (Modern Teacher)
- Goals established in the School Improvement Plan for the applicant’s school
Proposals will not be considered if they:
- Compensate VCS personnel,
- Request funding for materials or supplies that are regularly included school- and/or LEA budgets,
- Are in contradiction of any stipulated goals of the district, school, or course of study,
- Require substantial ongoing maintenance,
- Are used to purchase food or student incentive items, or
- Do not include a detailed budget.
Eligibility & Conditions
- Applicants must be employed by the Vance County School system as a teacher-of-record for VCS students.
- Applications must be submitted by the person(s) who will implement the proposed project.
- Applicants can only be awarded one LEAP grant for the 2021-22 school year.
- The minimum amount that could be requested from the LEAP mini grant is $250; the maximum amount that could be requested is $1,500.
- All items that are procured using the awarded grant funds will be the property of the Vance County Public School system.
- Grant recipients are required to complete a project summary form following the implementation of the project.
- Complete the electronic LEAP Teacher Grant Application (PDF version of application for planning purposes; only the electronic version will be accepted).
- Use the LEAP Estimated Budget Template and attach it to the electronic application in either of the following manners:
- Copy and paste in the link to the Google Sheet (be sure to set the sharing rights as “anyone with the link can view”)
- Attach the spreadsheet as an Excel file or as a PDF file
- Submit the completed LEAP Teacher Grant Application, including the estimated budget proposal, before 5:00pm on Friday, July 16, 2021.
All applications received by the deadline will be screened for adherence to criteria prior to being forwarded for review by the VCS Grant & Award Committee. Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered.
If you have additional questions about the LEAP teacher grant or application process, please contact either:
- Destiney Ross-Putney, firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Aarika Sandlin, email@example.com